The U.P. Reader is an annual publication that represents the cross-section of writers that are the membership of the Upper Peninsula Publishers and Authors Association. This annual anthology will be used as a vehicle to showcase and promote the writers of the Upper Peninsula. Copies of the U.P. Reader will be made available to book sellers, UPPAA members, libraries, and news services.
- Must be a current member of the UPPAA to submit.
- Submissions must be original with no prior appearance in web or print. Submissions will be accepted for up to 5,000 words.
- Submissions can be any type of genre, Fiction, Nonfiction (memoirs, history, essays, feature articles, interviews, opinions) and Poetry. These also can include photography or artwork, but author must show permission for use.
- All submissions will be reviewed through a jury and the submissions will be chosen through this process.
The U.P. Reader will require FIRST time rights in print and digital. After one year ALL rights will return to the author. The U.P.P.A.A. retains the right to use it in perpetuity. For Example, we anticipate a “Best of U.P. Reader” to be issued for the 10th anniversary.
Publication Schedule for U.P. Reader Issue #2
- Submission deadline: Dec 21st, 2017
- Dec 21, 2017 Jury / peer-review process begins
- Jan 15th, 2018 announcement of selected submissions
- Jan 16- Feb: Typesetting and cover design
- Spring Conference 2018: Launch party, location to be determined.
Send submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Be sure to put “U.P. Reader Submission” in the subject line.